The Cristal Controls family of wall switch occupancy/vacancy sensors provides a simple and cost effective lighting control solution for many applications. Just like its line voltage counterpart, the low voltage Cristal Controls wall switch sensor is designed with contractors in mind. Less than 1” deep, the unit is 25-40% shallower than typical dimmers and sensors, resulting in less crowed wall boxes. Cristal Controls products utilize the latest passive infrared technology and digital signal processing techniques to provide unmatched motion detection performance. These units are also available with an integrated microphone to provide overlapping passive acoustic occupancy detection for rooms with obstructions or where occupant motion is limited.
[ SÉRIE AVANCÉE ] - [ BAS VOLTAGE ]
Sensors detect movement in the infrared energy that radiates from occupants as they move within the devices field-of-view. Once occupancy is identified, the sensor signals a connected power/relay pack to switch on the connected lighting. All units can also be configured to operate in Vacancy Mode (e.g., require lights be manually switched on). Once lights are on and if equipped with passive dual technology (PIR/Acoustic), the unit’s microphone is enabled to further enhance detection. An internal timer is set to keep lights on during brief periods of inactivity, and is reset every time occupancy is signaled by either the passive infrared or acoustic detection technologies. Ambient daylight detection can also be enabled in equipped units so that lights are held off in rooms with sufficient light contribution from windows or skylights.
This wall switch sensor can be used to meet many requirements of ASHRAE 90.1 (2016), IECC (2015) and Title 24 (2016).
- Occupancy Operation: Auto On/Auto Off
- Vacancy Operation: Manual On/Auto Off
|Operating Voltage||12-24 VAC/VDC|
|Output||Logic High VDC (Occupied Mode)|
|Recommended Power Pack||
|Operating Temp||32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)|
|Relative Humidity||0-95% Non-Condensing, Indoor Use Only|
|Mounting||Single Gang Switch Box|
- Enclosure is 25-40% Shallower than Other Sensors (< 1” Depth into Wallbox)
- Unique Bat-Wing Shaped Lens Provides Enhanced Peripheral Detection
- Modern Look and Intuitive Easy-Tap Buttons for On/Off, Raise, & Lower
- Rugged Vandal Resistant Lens
- Settings are Adjustable Without Removing Cover Plate
- Wall-To-Wall Passive Infrared Small Motion Detection
- Passive Acoustic Detection (Optional) – Prevents False Offs when No Motion is Present
- 100% Passive Detection Methods – No Interference Potential from External Devices
- Configurable Sensor Settings Including Time Delays and Occupancy/Vacancy Operating Modes
- Blue Locator LED when Lights are Off
- Optional Wiring Connections for Multi-way or Multi-Sensor Applications
Cristal Controls wall switch sensors are intelligent devices that provide both excellent energy savings and enhanced user convenience. Users can choose from several pre-programmed operational modes that best fit their preferences and applicable energy codes.
- Manual On / Automatic Off operation. Lights can also be switched off manually.This mode provides increased energy savings but requires the ser to initially turn on the lights. Models CC-SWX-103, CC-SWX-104, CC-SWX-123, and CC-SWX-124 default to Vacancy modes.
- Automatic On and Automatic Off operation. If lights are switched off manually, the Automatic On functionality is temporarily disabled to allow the person a few seconds to leave the room before switching back to Automatic On operation. However, if the person remains in the space the unit will stay in a manual on state until the switch is pressed again. This mode is the default operation of CC-SWX-101, CC-SWX-111, CC-SWX-121 and CC-SWX-131 models.
Automatic On w/ Exit Time Mode
- Automatic On and Automatic Off operation. If lights are switched off manually, the Automatic On functionality is disabled for a fixed 30 seconds.
Override Off Mode
- Automatic On and Automatic Off operation until lights are switched off manually, at which point Automatic On functionality is disabled until the switch is pressed again.
Disabled Switch Mode
- Automatic On and Automatic Off operation only. Switch functionality to manually turn on/off lights is disabled.
- If lights are switched off manually, the Automatic On functionality is disabled until the space becomes unoccupied and the sensor’s time delay expires.
A wall switch sensor is typically used in a small room or enclosed space. A Passive Infrared (PIR) only sensor is sufficient for spaces where line of site is maintained and occupants are periodically moving (e.g., copy rooms, storage rooms). Dual technology sensors are necessary where occupants may be partially blocked from the sensor’s direct view or where they may be stationary (e.g., private offices or restrooms with stalls).
- Private Restrooms
- Small Meeting Room
- Storage Room
- Copy Rooms
- Small Office
- Break Room
- Restroom with Stalls